Friday 19 July 2013

Motivation

Motivation is a fickle thing. I'm not short on reasons why everyone should learn shorthand as standard in school. Nor am I short on justifications of why I should spend my hard earned holiday learning this unique and 'out of date' skill. But when it comes to actually practising it ... this week has been pretty bad for it. Like every useful skill, it's much more fun to talk about it than it is to learn it. In fact, in total over the whole week, I think I've done 40 minutes of practice.

So what am I going to do about it? Well, first I'm going to change and do the practice! I have a cool new technique for learning Gregg I want to share with you, but I think it would be best to talk about it after I've used it properly for a week. Maybe I'll even reward myself with a new album from Bridgit Mendler if I practice for 30 minutes every day. Maybe I should watch this video every day, and take inspiration from Jose Luis.

What techniques do you use to motivate yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment